Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I drove a Specialized Turbo S today.  Holy shit is that a hoot.

One of my neighbors commutes on one, let me take it for a rip.  Makes me want to build up a second set of wheels with an electric motor in them.  I could hold 30mph on it all day pucking long.  

Not really neighbor, neighbor but in our wee town of 2000 people and has a son on my son's soccer team

8 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Hop being idle for 7 hours??  Boo.

pucking log in bullshit.

3 hours ago, sandt38 said:

pucking log in bullshit.

Yep, although for the first time in a week I could actually get to the forum on my phone.  Took 10 refreshes, but finally worked.  Uber annoying for sure.

11 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I drove a Specialized Turbo S today.  Holy shit is that a hoot.

Had to google what that was, but looks awesome.  

Couldn't get on the forum at all 2 days ago. Just lurked yesterday (No reason to post) and then had to do some trickery to sign in today

54 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Yep, although for the first time in a week I could actually get to the forum on my phone.  Took 10 refreshes, but finally worked.  Uber annoying for sure.

Mark just did an update, hopefully solving those issues.

I think it may have.  It accepted my login with one try!!

Me too!  Finally!  

Thanks Aaron and Mark!

And I come back later and still logged in!!  No error on the top either.  Nice.

Now if there is a way to take out the RSS feeds from the "Unread Content" button it would finally be fully functional!

RIP Prince. .  

At his TOD I was discussing the listening room in his house with the guy who designed it.  WTF.

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

At his TOD I was discussing the listening room in his house with the guy who designed it.  WTF.

That's Spooky.

Ran Lake Calhoun last night.  3.1 miles....I thought it was 2.7, so I feel REALLY good about my post highschool runs around that lake.

I took 47:33 to complete it.  I used to run that under 20.

:-(

If it makes you feel better, my 59yr old colleague ran the Boston Marathon in 3:01 this week.

Okay, that was mean.  Either way, IMO you shouldn't connect distance to time atm, instead just go try and run for 45min.  Fuck the distance.  Point is to get out and do something.

Perhaps that is my disease I am compensating for though.  If I know how far and how long I ONLY focus on improving that. And the bummer is only in the short term, ie the day I am doing it.  To combat that I am doing something similar and just riding my bike 30-45min 3x a week at lunch time.  Goal is to get to lunch and sweat a ton doing it.  One of the three days I will interval the whole time, one rip as fast as I can, and the other get there expeditiously.  Figure if I can muster 3 days a week of doing something the rest will come.  

Maybe I suck at all this though and should be ignored.  Exercise and Sean aren't really coincident.

So happy the site works again!

24 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

So happy the site works again!

:bananaDance:

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Okay, that was mean.  Either way, IMO you shouldn't connect distance to time atm, instead just go try and run for 45min.  Fuck the distance.  Point is to get out and do something.

Yup.  It was just fast walking and some running, and a few sprints for .1 mile or so.  Probably at 85% max effort.  Just trying to develop my wind.

I have been on the elliptical every day, and I hit 7:01 for a mile lol.  Actually moving my fat ass down the road and a machine are real different it seems.