Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I still have a 3200watt amp and pair of 18s.

MDF is cut but I need to make braces before I finish gluing it up.

Old sundown SAZ 1500 And Fi Q too.

Some hybrid 8" full/mids.....

Yikes.  I need to work on some projects or sell some shit.

Real curious how the little guy is going to be.  Ought to be enough.

10 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Nice way to come out of the blue!

10 hours ago, dem beats said:

Perfect entrance.

You expected anything less?

Been spending a lot of time under my favorite tree...

smDSC_0215_zpsdydpwguk.jpg

About 60 yards down range...

smDSC_0216_zpslvoarqsm.jpg

I can bush hog my field in the back and get a nice 250 yards, but then I am in the wide open sun and heat. Under my tree it has been over 95 for weeks, in the sun it has been brutal.

smDSC_0217_zpsvvbutgkb.jpg

Shooting from the sled

smDSC_0218_zpsonow3qnm.jpg

This is my 100 yard shooting line.

smDSC_0219_zpskuhf3uyj.jpg

smDSC_0220_zpsotvml8fb.jpg

Been taking a lot of defensive classes too. Close range shooting, hands on, and competitive classes. I had no idea how little I really knew. I don't plan on competing, but I have been watching friends' videos of comps and wanted to learn. I've put about 600 rounds down range with the rifle this summer, and I have pumped well over 1000 rounds through my 9mm and my 40.

33 minutes ago, sandt38 said:

This is my 100 yard shooting line.

smDSC_0219_zpskuhf3uyj.jpg

While from a photography perspective the small F stop is nice...I can't see for shit what you are shooting at :P

Shitty weather, lots to do, I can't wait for the vacation. 

Fuck.  Took Aidan to sailing in the boat and have an exhaust manifold kissing water into the hull.  Of course my damn rescue tape is on my snowmobile and not in town either.  Perhaps it is time for a new boat....normally I sell shot before this happens but this thing has been a turf.

My cruise control on it is broke too.  Not that I have wakwboarded once this year.  Perhaps a tritoon is what I need.

Do you guys know anything about bluetooth tech? I 'm trying to find out if bluetooth aptx is superior to bluetooth 4.0. Trying to decide on a bluetooth module for the truck.

Wire cutter listed Anker as the best but their previous best has an aptx version.

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-bluetooth-kits-for-every-car-stereo/

Anker is quite a bit cheaper and looks better so I don't want to waste monies.

Nice set up Seth!

First box build for an ICON almost done.

It would figure I finally built a garage and we are having record heat waves here!

Almost like working in a pizza oven, but hey the more I sweat out the more I can drink! 

Late little league game tonight. Local team trying to make it back home to the little league world series.

9 hours ago, nem said:

It would figure I finally built a garage and we are having record heat waves here!

Almost like working in a pizza oven, but hey the more I sweat out the more I can drink! 

Time to either build or buy a nice big swamp cooler, they work great and are very cheap to run.

10 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Fuck.  Took Aidan to sailing in the boat and have an exhaust manifold kissing water into the hull.  Of course my damn rescue tape is on my snowmobile and not in town either.  Perhaps it is time for a new boat....normally I sell shot before this happens but this thing has been a turf.

I've been wanting to sell my Town Car before I havebto dump more money into it, and then Gavin broke my windshield a couple weeks ago, I had an exhaust manifold stud break, and last night an airbag popped. 

On 8/10/2016 at 10:49 PM, ///M5 said:

While from a photography perspective the small F stop is nice...I can't see for shit what you are shooting at :P

Hence, the big scope ;)

22 hours ago, nem said:

Nice set up Seth!

Thanks!

It is what it is. I have just been shooting a lot lately and I have plenty of room here at my house. On Labor Day we are going to a friend of mine's "farm" to do some shooting. We will be stretching our legs out to 500+ yards. Looking forward to that. I am easily at 1/2MOA on bags and bipods, and about 1/3 MOA on the sled when tied down. Believe it or not, my untied sled is not as good as bags/bipod. But the difference between 100 yards and 500 is HUGE. If I can keep it to sub MOA I'll be happy.

7 hours ago, dem beats said:

NYC.

Holy shit.  Holy fucking shit.

I understand everything now.  I don't know if I could live there but I'm going to BEG to come to NYC if work needs it.

The trains, the movement.... It was miserable today.  My companion for the day is not on the same page as me for site seeing. >91 and incredibly humid.  Light breakfast and could only stomach a salad in the evening. Only got about 2.5 liters of water in me and I'm sure I lost a gallon of more so far.  Everything was against me and I fell in love with that place.

I only got 22,000 steps in today surprisingly.  Maybe I'll go for a little walk to bump those numbers. 2 train delays However.  

Also B&H... Oh yes please.  

I thought I was going to be intimidated but I felt at home instantly.  I didn't expect it to hit me in my heart.  I like where civilization meets nature usually. San Diego suburbs and the desert. Puerto Rico I'm the island of Vieques. The twin cities in MN of course... But NYC was as good as Paris. Just incredible to me.  So amazing I can't wait to go back.

Tons of energy in NYC. My first time there was overwhelming.

Too bad you didn't get to enjoy the food. NYC is a melting pot, and amazing food is all over the place.

I need to go back. It has been ages.

What's your guy's opinion on Grizzly Tablesaws? I've been searching and searching to find a tablesaw for the new garage and I've finally settled on the 715P, it seems like it's the best saw at under 1k. They're relatively local (Springfiel, MO) so shipping won't take too long and is only $100. I now live in Kansas so I wont have to pay taxes which is a huge plus. If I can get 220 into the garage I'll leave it at 220 but if I can't I can always wire it for 110.

What do you guys think?