edouble101

System for my Hyundai - Sundown,JL Audio, Crescendo, Audiocontrol, DEI

Shit is looking damn nice Bro.

The attention to details you have showed thus far, I am very positive the front stage as well as your fiberglass project will be par for the course.

:drink40:

The attention to details you have showed thus far, I am very positive the front stage as well as your fiberglass project will be par for the course.

Thanks man! I am anxious to start the front stage. I will be moving into my new house in April. Hopefully by June I will have it done ;)

I am already thinking about changing the substage from the single 15" to dual 12". I am trying to resist tearing it out until the end of this year.

Thanks man! I am anxious to start the front stage. I will be moving into my new house in April. Hopefully by June I will have it done ;)

I am already thinking about changing the substage from the single 15" to dual 12". I am trying to resist tearing it out until the end of this year.

The bass bug is a real bitch ain't it :P

I've changed my sub stage five times in the last year...

Lol yeah man :)

I basically want more room for cargo in the trunk. Right now as it is I have none. So figured if I am going to build a nw smaller enclosure I might as well upgrade. Thinking two Fi btl n2 or two Sundown NS, not sure yet.

Meah, cargo space is overrated!

:dancing:

This^^^. This build is coming along nicely. Can't wait to see some fiberglass work.

Jealous of your wire skills. Are you taking orders on custom RCA lengths? :gayhaaay1:

Love seeing updates on this build. Pristine work. Keep it up! :drink40:

Def. a 5 star build. Don't know how I haven't rated it yet(top right corner of the page). Watching for updates.

Ehh....I here yeah. I drive around with my spare tire behind my drivers' seat :peepwall:

This^^^. This build is coming along nicely. Can't wait to see some fiberglass work.

Thank you :drink40:

Jealous of your wire skills. Are you taking orders on custom RCA lengths? :gayhaaay1:

Love seeing updates on this build. Pristine work. Keep it up! :drink40:

:drink40: I could make you custom RCA but I doubt you will like the price. You can go on parts-express and buy P3 RCA wires for less than the P3 RCA connectors themselves :puzzled:

Def. a 5 star build. Don't know how I haven't rated it yet(top right corner of the page). Watching for updates.

Thanks man :drink40:

Who needs the trunk? I'm stuffing an 18" into mine.

I am still waiting to see a build log :) Get to it!

an 18" in a trunk? poor car.. :roflmao:

I was puzzled why this XCON 15 didn't have decent output. I looked over my gain settings on my 3kwp and DQSX. I also checked ssf and xover settings on my hu, DQSX and 3kwp. Everything looked right. I noticed that at 32hz the output on my amp measured 10-13v (ac) less than at 50hz, wierd. I am using a MonsterCable XLN 4 channel RCA cable to connect my HU to my DQSX. I am using the front outputs and subwoofer outputs on the HU. I have the RCA cable connected accordingly.

I am using the xover settings on the hu for front and rear since my hu is currently powering the factory door speakers. Both are high pass crossed at 60hz 12db/oct.

It turns out that MonsterCable miss labeled the RCA ends! The connections on either end of the cable are switched!

Just another reason for me to make my own RCA cables!

Edited by edouble101

Glad you got it figured out, troubleshooting can be fun. :drink40: How you liking it now?

Glad you got it figured out, troubleshooting can be fun. :drink40: How you liking it now?

Yeah man, I am glad it is fixed! You have to figure my sub amp was receiving the back end of a 60hz/12db slope!

After I readjusted my gains to approx 41volts ac not accounting for impedence rise and got the ssf properly dialed in it sounds like it should. I definitely have some rear deck rattle issues to address and I have to seal off the trunk. After I get these two items taken care of I will be able to give a better review on the XCON. But I can tell you that the XCON moves alot of air!

I started working on my RCA wires. I am posting up some pics but this is definitely not a full blown how-to. If you have any questions though please ask!

Weller WES51 pen solder station. 10/10 I love it.

Edit-0046-1.jpg

Clamp stand, ehh ok, not as adjustable as I like.

Edit-0047.jpg

I am using :

- Gepco 61801EZ wire. Plain and simple and easy to use.

- P3 RCA connectors. Plain simple does the job well.

- cable pants

- Techflex NeonBlue

- .032" 60/40 rosin core solder

- heat shrink

Edit-0048-1.jpg

Gepco 61801EZ ia a 2 conductor with a drain wire

Edit-0050-2.jpg

Drain at the source for unbalanced connections.

Edit-0052.jpg

Wires tinned

Edit-0053-1.jpg

P3 connectors do not have solder cups but I did presolder them

Edit-0054.jpg

Edit-0055.jpg

Wires soldered to the connector

Edit-0056.jpg

Edit-0058-1.jpg

Heat shrink to prevent grounding to the connector body.

Edit-0060-2.jpg

Connector fastened!

Edit-0061-1.jpg

Repeat for left channel.

Cable pants and Techflex on and ready to solder the other end.

Edit-0064-1.jpg

Drain wire snipped off

Edit-0067-1.jpg

Repeat above soldering steps.

Done! 4 or 5 more custom lengths to make.

Edit-0071-1.jpg

It is probably cheaper or the same cost to buy premade RCA wires but I just like to make chit! :woot:

Sweet soldering skills and Rca's I like that braided jacket style, I would like to make my own but I don't know the first thing about soldering when it comes down to it. :drink40:

Sweet soldering skills and Rca's I like that braided jacket style, I would like to make my own but I don't know the first thing about soldering when it comes down to it. :drink40:

Thanks.

I will help you learn how to solder if you are interested. There are many great online how-to's and youtube videos available as well. There is a wide variety of wire and RCA connectors to choose from. I can guide you to resources to help you decide on the right components for your install.

Stuff like this is really rewarding imo.

I was puzzled why this XCON 15 didn't have decent output. I looked over my gain settings on my 3kwp and DQSX. I also checked ssf and xover settings on my hu, DQSX and 3kwp. Everything looked right. I noticed that at 32hz the output on my amp measured 10-13v (ac) less than at 50hz, wierd. I am using a MonsterCable XLN 4 channel RCA cable to connect my HU to my DQSX. I am using the front outputs and subwoofer outputs on the HU. I have the RCA cable connected accordingly.

I am using the xover settings on the hu for front and rear since my hu is currently powering the factory door speakers. Both are high pass crossed at 60hz 12db/oct.

It turns out that MonsterCable miss labeled the RCA ends! The connections on either end of the cable are switched!

Good plan. :drink40:

Any video(s) of the sex in yo' trunk/over view of your car?

Yeah Yeah Yeah!! ^^ What Watts09 said!!

Yeah Really, pics or GTFO. lol

Glad you got that xcon slapping bro. Might you reconsider that need more trunk space nonsense now?

Good plan. :drink40:

Yeah Yeah Yeah!! ^^ What Watts09 said!!

Yeah Really, pics or GTFO. lol

Glad you got that xcon slapping bro. Might you reconsider that need more trunk space nonsense now?

I plan on sealing off the trunk this week. I will post up a decent video after that. The XCON moves alot of air, my keys dance in my ignition.

I definitely need some trunk storage area. I didn't plan on using it all up it just happened ;) I am considering two TC Sounds T.2000 12" or two Fi BTL 12". I will build the enclosure to fit the trunk better and possibly a semi external port thru the rear deck. I really(!) want to use PRs but that isn't going to work :( I will be able to use the 3kwp to full potential then too :)

Not much done this weekend.

Made a "y-cable" to run my REV-665 bridged.

Edit-0032-2.jpg

That braided line looks really good. Like i've said before; Your RCAs are great!

Not much done this weekend.

Made a "y-cable" to run my REV-665 bridged.

Edit-0032-2.jpg

Thats SEXY!!! :wub:

I haven't had any time to work on my build. I just bought a house and I am doing some renovations. I am adding a 230v sub panel in my garage for my Lincoln 180c welder :)

I got a DC Power 270XP! I want to add a direct ground from the alt to the battery, hopefully that will smooth out the voltage.

Stock alt beside DC Power 270XP

Edit-0257.jpg

Edit-0258.jpg

Stock alt vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=p58n2TZEk6Y

DC Power 270XP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=eUdKfrCNZkw